Today I have decided that I will be putting together my daughter's 9th grade curriculum (not just books). I have so many books that I need to do this. I will probably ask our evaluator to help because: 1. she loves Becca :); 2. She was a teacher for 30 years AND also homeschooled. 3. She is a wonderful person and I know she would help me. :) So, I guess I will be writing down the books I have and then put them into some study. I noticed that BJU has geography for 9th grade but I would like her to have history with this. Becca loves to read anything .... she has even read through textbooks . (I find them boring.)
I will be doing the same with Tom's 5th gr. curr. He is not quite as fast as Becca so I have to remember to make it simple and not overwhelming...I have to relax with him because I tend to go real fast with things. He does enjoy lapbooks (I cut them out or we would be here forever). He does the other stuff and then adds colorful paper behind the flaps and decorates the folders...we use different colors...to make them more exciting. I will probably try to use the homeschoolshare website...free lapbooks and booklets....
Katie is going to be 5 in the summer but she cannot seem to sit still...(adhd). She already knows her alphabet, counting, cutting and she likes to write down words that she asks you to spell. She is also asking us to tell her stories from the Bible (which she interrupts and finishes for us :)). She wants to lapbook but like I said, she can't sit.
More later......
Offering a Lamb
8 hours ago



No comments:
Post a Comment