WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My photo
I have been happily married (32 years) to my husband Ed. We have 8 children and 2 daughter-in-laws and 2 grandsons.
CLEANING YOUR HOUSE WHILE YOUR KIDS ARE STILL GROWING IS LIKE SHOVELING THE WALK BEFORE IT'S STOPPED SNOWING. ~dayspring~

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Slushies and Snow Coconut Ice Cream

Today the girls enjoyed snow slushies at breakfast and snow ice cream for dessert.
I had found a recipe for slushies but it used 2 ingredients I never heard of.  It was more for sickness.
We used:
1/2 cup   Cherry Juice Concentrate
1/4 cup coconut water 
1/2 Tbsp. Agave Syrup
1/2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
We mixed everything together and poured over the snow. 
DELICIOUS!















The recipe I found for the ice cream is:
4 cups of snow
1/4 cup coconut milk (I used canned)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
*flaked coconut (we added this to the top of our ice cream)
We mixed the milk, honey and vanilla in a separate pan and then poured it into the snow and stirred.  
The girls loved it.  It was quite yummy.






 

No comments: