We started school today.
It went pretty well, until...............
It went pretty well, until...............
I pulled out Katie's reading book; the 2nd reader of the Original Eclectic McGuffey Readers.
She wouldn't read, she gave me such a hard time, seriously. We had a major battle.
I guess we both won. I told her she was going to read even if she had to sit there forever. She finally said she wanted to read the bible. Yep. That's what she asked for. So she read two chapters of Matthew. She said she wants to always read it. That is now her reading book. And honestly, that makes me happy. The McGuffey reader is now on the shelf. Maybe Ana will read it some day.
Below is a picture of viking paper dolls Ana colored. ( http://www.ungafakta.se/ ; click the scissors on the left side) We read Leif the Lucky and looked for Greenland, Iceland, Newfoundland, and Norway on the globe. And we talked about "Vinland".
Tomorrow they will finish the paper dolls and put Leif on their timeline and the wall timeline.
We still haven't been able to order the Knowledge Quest maps. I'm going to try and order them Friday...that's when I get my shopping money. :)
Tom started some of his work today. I didn't realize how much he knows alot about the American Revolution and other things. Also, last night he was telling me about Patty Hearst. I didn't even know he ever heard her name.
All in all, today was a good day.



1 comment:
Glad you had a good day. I guess you can't complain about her wanting to read the bible!
Post a Comment