WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My photo
I have been happily married (32 years) to my husband Ed. We have 8 children and 2 daughter-in-laws and 2 grandsons.
CLEANING YOUR HOUSE WHILE YOUR KIDS ARE STILL GROWING IS LIKE SHOVELING THE WALK BEFORE IT'S STOPPED SNOWING. ~dayspring~

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Alot of Things Going On

Becca is now officially in 11th grade.

Tom is officially a 7th grader. He has been down the shore since this weekend. Lucky kid!


I may have mentioned that I got a bike. Ed found it at a yard sale for $8.00! WooHoo!!
Since the van was totaled, (not by me), I have started to ride to the library and around town. Usually I have Katie with me but not today. I got to the libary and back in record time carrying about 15 lbs. of books on my back. ~smile~
This is really helping with the "weight". Already, I have noticed a big difference in the way my clothes have been fitting. Excellent!!




I've been working on Katie's science for this next school year. We will be using the "free" classic life science (elementary) from www.eequalsmcq.com/ClassicScienceLife.htm . (also books from the library). I've been making notebooking pages, getting lapbook templates from http://www.homeschoolshare.com/ and also using http://www.enchantedlearning.com/ . For the Reptiles section I will use some lapbooking templates from HSS and the book 'The Wonders of God's World Dinosaur Activity Book' by Earl & Bonita Snellenberger (I received permission to copy this). I really have been wanting to do dinosaurs so I will slip this in. This is going to be a very nice science year. I can't wait. I believe it will hold her attention. She seems to like to write in a notebook and thoroughly enjoys lapbooking.


It's probably going to take us 2 years to get through all this science with the way I'm adding things. That's ok. She's only going to be 7. She has many years to go. ~smile~









About 2 weeks ago, Ed had to put in a garden. I say "had to" because he didn't want to but our dear friend, Jimmy, brought us tomato, egglant, and pepper plants. Tom and Katie planted them. They did a good job. We already have a tomato growing!



I'm thoroughly enjoying taking pictures with my Samsung SL30 camera. The more I work with it, the more I see what I can do. I didn't realize I could change the picture lightness/darkness. etc. It's not an expensive camera but it really has a lot of stuff on it.








Ben graduated highschool! This last year he was homeschooled. He will be attending college in the fall but still living here.



Becca had to dissect for Apologia Marine Biology. Here is the dogfish shark. It smelled bad. :(










No comments: