WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My photo
I have been happily married (32 years) to my husband Ed. We have 8 children and 2 daughter-in-laws and 2 grandsons.
CLEANING YOUR HOUSE WHILE YOUR KIDS ARE STILL GROWING IS LIKE SHOVELING THE WALK BEFORE IT'S STOPPED SNOWING. ~dayspring~

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The passing of our dear pet

This morning while starting school, our dear pet guinea pig Derreck, passed away. He was squeaking with the other, Spencer, so I gave them more food.  He moved over to the food, he always moved his house along with him, and next thing you know the girls were crying that he was dead.  His heart must have given out.  We are so sad.  Katie is devastated.  She can't stop crying.  I had the girls decorate his box.  Now we are trying to dig a hole big enought to get his box into. Ugh...not something I like to do.
So our lesson today is, grief.
~Margarete~

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm so sorry, Margarete. It's so hard on everyone, but I really feel sad for Katie.

Sheryl said...

Oh, I am so sorry. A home full of grieving children is hard to deal with.