I am starting to get a little nervous about this situation. I have been waiting for a letter from the doctor stating Katie's diagnosis so I can get the "medical card" and other things needed to get therapy. The letter is not here yet. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if it is being worked on. I know it has only been about a week but I was hoping it would get here fast. I know we will then have to get interviews and stuff like that but I need to get her into something. I was hoping they would also get her into a swimming class or gymnastics ... just to get her to "maybe" relax by bedtime. Yes, In the information it says that the children can sometimes qualify for Y M C A or something of the sort.
Katie does not sleep well at all. She takes melatonin and another pill (which I think makes her miserable...so I've cut that out), and she still wakes up in the middle of the night. We are so tired! I cannot get rid of these dark circles under my eyes.
We started with the gluten free diet. I had made some cookies, which were very good. Everyone enjoyed them. This morning I made pancakes which also were very tasty and filling. I believe Katie had about 5. WOW!! I had ordered some cookies (like Oreo) and "pretzel sticks" for her also. She eats alot of fruit and salad so we are on our way. She is doing well today. No major melt downs like the past few days. They were horrible.
I did try to make bread in the bread machine...no go. Yuck! I searched the net for recipes and found some, but they will have to wait until next shopping trip. The gluten-free all-purpose will not work with these recipes. I have to get other flour like rice, tapioca, and bean. I found the gluten-free/casein free bread at Whole Foods. Oh my, is that expensive! I also got her gf/cf torilla wraps. She likes to eat them with almond butter on them.
That's it for now.
Have a good day.



No comments:
Post a Comment